Tuesday, March 17, 2009

sibling chats

me: nalgenes cause cancer
sufjan

Susie: was sufjan a separate thought?

me: yep, i have trendy music tourettes

Susie: im still on copeland. . .

me: it's a sensitive subject, and would appreciate it if you didn't bring it up

Susie: i've never heard of your disease before

me: its actually called scene tourettes, it's more common in brooklyn, la, and nashville

Susie: is it on wikipedia

me: you tell me

Susie: this disease does not exist on the internet

me: like i said it's a sensitive subject

Susie: apparently

me: you probably didn't hear much about HIV in the early 80s, did you?
death from above

Susie: oi vey

Susie: norma jean. i'm obviously tougher than you.

me:circa survive

Susie: OH I GOT YOU BEEATTT
fleet foxes

me: true theyre way hip
i'm actually hip like 4 years ago
not now

Susie: you're out of fashion

me: which is why my case of scene tourettes is so severe

Susie: interesting

me: yeah actually theres going to be a write up about it in the american journal of medicine in a few months
we're waiting to hear if we made the cover

Susie:
what would the cover look like?

me:
well we'll cross that bridge when we get there but it'll prolly be me surrounded by albums (vinyl is hip again) with band names scratched into the walls around me
millencolin

Susie: um. saves the day.
um. have you ever seen the american journal of medicine?

me:
yeah i've got a subscription to japa, they're thinking about a relaunch to try to increase readership
but it's kind of on the downlow

Susie: so you're going to be the new face of american medicine

me:
like i said i don't know if we're going to get it yet
e famm

Susie:
WHATEVER CREEP
Susie: CALIBRETTO 13. GOOD. NIGHT.

1 comment:

Cecelia said...

she definitely secured the last tick for herself with calibretto 13